Charleston, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-3)
I did a complete battery of tests after the 15" of rain and five drainings to keep the pool from overflowing and they are as follows:

FC 6.5
CC .5
PH 7.2
TA 50
CH 200
CYA 60

I added borax and baking soda last night and will add Calcium tonight.

My question is, should I increase my CYA or leave it and increase next spring? I am not closing the pool and I don't cover it for the winter.

Those were before any additions. I added enough borax to raise PH to 7.7 and enough baking soda to get TA to 70. I will add enough calcium this afternoon to get to 300.

Those were before any additions. I added enough borax to raise PH to 7.7 and enough baking soda to get TA to 70. I will add enough calcium this afternoon to get to 300.
Does your pH tend to rise on its own? If so you may just let it slowly drift up.

As long as your numbers are in range, don't get too fussy for a specific magic number.

My PH usually is rock solid with no increase or decrease. I keep my TA at 70 as that is where my pool likes to be to keep my PH steady. I'm increasing my CH to 300 to help with my CSI.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.