Hi From Austin...

Mikie

Apr 14, 2009
First time pool owner, longtime engineering geek. I was originally quite frustrated with all the conflicting advice I was getting from everyone. Then I found TFP. Thanks for the site! One evening of browsing has taught me more than 6 months of "free" advice from the local pool supply thieves, but more importantly, satisfied my inner geek.

Our pool came with the house we bought when we relocated here. 12,000 gal Pebbletec with attached spa and dual waterfalls. Cartridge filter, Nature2 ionizer, and inline tablet feeder. The only problem was that the previous owner believed more chemicals = better water. Stabilizer and calcium levels were through the roof, and scale was forming on the stone tile. Did a refill last month, added borates, and switched to BBB. Couldn't be happier with the results so far.

[attachment=0:nafjx6rq]Mikie's Pool.JPG[/attachment:nafjx6rq]

Now I only need the local pool guys for the occasional repair part I can't fine on the web. Keep up the good work!

Mikie

Attachments

• Mikie\'s Pool.JPG
    Mikie\'s Pool.JPG
    175.8 KB · Views: 268
Hi Mikie and welcome to the forum :wave:

When you get a minute, please add your pool & equipment specs in your signature and your location in your profile :wink:

You have a beautiful pool and we're glad to have you at TFP!

Hi,
Nice pool!
You can thank me for the recent rains in the area...we started our installation of fiberglass shell 15'X34' last week. :-D
No sooner than we finished hammering through the ROCK, the rains started and really haven't let up south of Austin.
Total of over 2 inches! Pump and filter equipment is all in and getting wired up today.
Ready for concrete now. That seems to be the nice thing about Fiberglass...they go in pretty quick.
I nearly cried though yesterday when I saw the rutted mud left by the bobcat... :cry:
I am sure when the finished grade is done and topsoil down, and I am floating with my margarita, the image of utterly ruined landscape will fade in my mind.
It aint pretty. I will post photos soon.
First time pool owner.