What is the BEST lounger /raft?

SeanB

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
My wife is of the opinion that all pool floats are about the same and regardless how how much you spend, will last about one season and have to be replaced.

It's tough to argue since that has been our experience so far. We've already gone through a couple rafts of varying price.

I'm looking for a raft that sits uprights, somewhat, and has cup holders. Should I buy a $10 King cool and just plan on replacing it next year or is there a better one that will actually last a few years. I don't mind spending more, but I don't want to waste my money.

I'm looking for first hand experience.

My wife just bought a nice heavy duty white and blue shaped pool floater by dolfino which is great EXCEPT the beer holder is not deep enough and you lose your drink in the drink, so if you have a separate beer caddy or floating tray - great, otherwise I don't recommend it based on no place for the drink.
Another good one is the 6 flags (walmart) palm tree unit - it has a water pump with a misting unit on a palm tree for those really unbearable days - and the cupholder works

Anything made with essolite foam ( I think that is how it's spelled)

look for the word " unsinkable"

this is the same stuff that all the high-end resorts and spas use for their pools
and it is also often used for making PFD's (life jackets)

it costs a bit more... like I think in the $70 to $110 (usd) range for just the basic mat ( & they do make chairs & loungers out of it as well), but it holds up really well for multiple seasons. :-D

The swimways floats are very comfortable. However, we had to replace one at the end of the season last year and another one is ripping. Their seams come apart with wear and tear pretty easily. At 30 - 40 bucks each, might be smarter to get something you don't blow up, but the inital cost is a lot on some of them.

Oh those look wonderful. I love the loungers. Who sells them (that obviously was the mfg site and didn't say prices, etc) I'm sure these are similar to the expensive ones at Sams Club appx $80 and up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That's a nice lounger!

Depends on what you want to do, I guess. For a basic flat float, we like our Unsinkable Molly Brown floats the best. We don't really pull out the loungers too much.

I have the Baja chair and I think it is a great float. The only thing I was a little disappointed in is the fact that the floating position looks more upright in the pictures than it actually is. I wanted something that I could sit upright in, but when you sit in this lounge you actually recline quite a bit more than I would of thought. Its still a nice float, but keep that in mind.

Riles

I did see that Sam's Club has a couple of loungers that actually sit upright. One was actually a loveseat sized type with cup holder on one side and a mini cooler built in to the arm on the other side. The other one was just a chair type unit. Then they had the foam type flat ones (unsinkables) The one thing with some of the chair type units is that they are tippy - towards the front so you lean forward and can end up in the drink. The loungers were nicer where you can stretch out your legs. Anyway, they all ran between $40-$70.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.