Finished with Construction - Finally

Love this idea of artificial grass around the pool. I wish I had done this. Mowing gets grass in ours. Vry nice n clean looking. Did you guys put anything under it for drainage? What was the cost for this project (grass)if you don't mind sharing?

18000 gal 9ft, salt cell, ig, dk blue plaster, cartridge filter, attached spa, build finished September 1 2015, pentair filter n kreepy.

Under the turf there is between 3 and 8 inches of Decomposed Granite and the turf itself drains rather well down thru the mat. This is the turf that we went with - SGW Dallas | Diamond Pro Spring its treated to not collect heat and we tried it up against a bunch of other options it was by far the coolest temps wise. Normally it matches our lawn rather well too but the sprinklers (yes the build messed those up) have been off for a while. The cost for the grass is about 8 per sq ft and we have 1,300 sq ft in total. Cover was rather spendy too but we think both made it a better option maintenance wise.

Construction messed up our yard as well... we dyied our sprinklers. Hose under sod seems to be working out nicely. So you had the turf installed? Ima penny pincher as DYI'S & TFP's n TFeverything is appealing to me. Tnx for sharing your lovely new yard n pool...

I can see why you are wanting to show it off. That looks very nice, very nice indeed. I think you will be very pleased with your decision. We have a guy hired who mows our yard, and even though the mower shoot is facing away from the pool during mowing, you can bet that once he gets finished, the pool will still have to have grass clippings cleaned out that the wind blows in. Enjoy!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.