Hi from Australia

I ship American goodies to my Aussie friends all the time. I'd be happy to help you get your hands on a TF-100 but it's not going to help much if you're colorblind!

Hi Ale,

That is a very generous offer which I would gladly like to accept as my chances of getting one locally seem to be only two, Buckley's and none. Currently using the wife's eyes for my testing!

I will PM you.

Cheers,
John

- - - Updated - - -

No harm from CYA. More chance of harm because of not having it in there. Put about half the amout that pool math calls for, in a sock and hang it in front of a return. Squeeze it once in a while to help it dissolve.

Thanks Bob for the quick reply, my head is spinning for now with what I'm trying to learn, and also all the abbreviations hahah.

Cheers,
John

I have just looked in the shed and I have a new bag of stabilizer which tells you to pour the required amount directly into the skimmer box, is this OK, or is the sock method a better way to go?

Cheers,
John

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

NEVER pour CYA directly into the skimmer unless you want to plug up your line.

Sock method is the best way to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What John????? CYA does not equal here what it does in the real world??? LOL Several of us have commented on that!

No worries about the Kym. I wondered if someone in your world spelled their name like that............so long as you say it with a smile it is all good!

HUGS!

Kim

What John????? CYA does not equal here what it does in the real world??? LOL Several of us have commented on that!

No worries about the Kym. I wondered if someone in your world spelled their name like that............so long as you say it with a smile it is all good!

HUGS!

Kim

Kim,

Thanks for your acceptance of my spelling. :p

The pool shop I was going to today seems not to sell a CYA test, oh well onto plan B.

Cheers,
John

Just because you have not added any CYA that doesn't mean you can safely assume that there is none in the water. If you just bought this house/pool then you have no way of knowing what is in it without a test kit. I wouldn't add anything but chlorine until you can get a hold of a good test kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What I find interesting is the fact they call it NQ-100! So close to the Tf-100! Copycats! i wonder what the NQ stands for?

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

24 hours????? What do you do for a living?

Kim (Kindergarten teacher here! Hubby says it does seem as if I work 24 hours a day as I am ALWAYS thinking about the kids LOL)

What I find interesting is the fact they call it NQ-100! So close to the Tf-100! Copycats! i wonder what the NQ stands for?

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

24 hours????? What do you do for a living?

Kim (Kindergarten teacher here! Hubby says it does seem as if I work 24 hours a day as I am ALWAYS thinking about the kids LOL)

Hi Kim,

I'm in the always changing world of security.

Cheers,
John

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.