Filter leaking

Dktjml

Apr 16, 2015
Naples, Fl
I have recently plumbed roof mounted solar panels into my pool system. Everything was fine but after reading, I found that I needed a check valve to prevent solar panels from flowing back into the filter. Today I plumbed a pentair check valve into the system. I turned the system on and everything was working fine. I turned the system off to make sure the solar panels drained ok and at that point my filter gurgled and my pump basket water bubbled and drained. I turned the system back on and the pump had lost its prime and the filter started leaking in a half dozen places when prime returned. I turned the system back off and checked the o rings in the filter. Everything was ok so I reassembled system turned it on and no leaks. I then turned system back off did not open filter, waited 10 minutes and turned system back on and once primed the filter leaked a lot around the lid again. The only change from yesterday when it was working fine is the check valve. The valve flow is correct, so I am at a complete loss. Until today the filter has never leaked and the pump has always kept its prime. I hope I put the check valve in the correct position. Any help or insight would be great. Thank you. image.jpgimage.jpg

I had the same exact manual solar setup like you have at my last house.

The check valve was BEFORE the filter instead of after the filter.

Not sure that would make a difference but my pump / setup never had any problems.

And the check valve I had is exactly the same one you have.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.