deteriorated deck concrete problem

Oct 6, 2015
Wheeling, WV
Hello, Iam new to the web page. I hope Iam posting this question in the right area. Hopefully someone will tell me if I need to move this to another spot.

My wife and I purchased this 30 year old home recently and it came with the pool. The pool was nice this summer, however, it does need a new liner.

I've got a section about 5-6 feet long where the concrete along the deck and side has deteriorated. Looks like the previous owner has tried to fix in the past. I have included a picture of this for all to see. I've not fooled with it and it is as it was found.

What if anything can I do to fix or repair this? I live in Northern West Virginia, and there is always freezing and thawing . I considered just getting a bag of concrete and filling it in, but maybe there is something better to do. Anyone have a response?????

If more information is needed please ask.

Attachments

• 20151006_101407-2.jpg
    20151006_101407-2.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 103
Welcome to the forum. :wave:

The only cure would be to change the slope so that water doesn't sit there and freeze. That doesn't look very easy to do, but from the picture, it is hard to tell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.