AGP Equpiment Suggestions

Sep 13, 2015
Suffolk,Va
So I have decided to jump into getting a pool for next year. Figured Fall/Winter would be a good time to start looking. Here is what I am looking at from Best Above Ground Pools - The Pool Factory
My wife says we have to have saltwater pool. and they offer a $200 off coupon if you spend more then $4495 right now. Thanks for any recommendations
Option 1 $4348 Delivered

18' X 33' X 54" Saltwater 8000 Oval Pool - (18 Feet Wide, 33 Feet Long, 54 Inches High)

25 Gauge Catalina Uni-Bead Vinyl Liner

Aquapro 19" Sand Filter System 2-HP Pump (sand not included)

Confer Swing-up Resin Safety Ladder #7100

Solaxx Saltron Retro XL Salt Water System
Hayward Widemouth Thru-wall Skimmer & Return Fitting

Free Shipping

Option 2 $4713.99 Delivered

18' X 33' X 54" Saltwater 8000 Oval Pool

25 Gauge Catalina Uni-Bead Vinyl Liner

AquaPro 19" Sand Filter System 1.5-HP Pump 2 Year Warranty

Confer Swing-up Resin Safety Ladder #7100

Hayward Aqua Trol RJ Salt Chlorine Generator System

18'x33' Oval Peel N' Stick Foam Pool Cove

Saltwater Series Chemical Maintenance Kit with Test Kits

Hayward Widemouth Thru-wall Skimmer & Return Fitting

Local pool installer said installation is $1400 for that size pool and that includes 5 yards of sand and would bury in the ground 12" to meet the height of my current deck.

I don't have enough expertise to recommend any equipment/price comparisons. Where are you located? A heater might be in your future and sometimes that is easier to plumb in for now even if you don't add it until later. Also, why salt water? From the posts I have seen on this site, I haven't seen much benefit to salt water. Just curious.

I do plan on adding solar on my roof my neighbor and I can tackle that later. As for having saltwater my wife fell in love my neighbors IGP that is saltwater and he has stated the ease of maintaining it. Also my uncle has a pool and its chlorine and it makes you all itchy and eyes hurt Etc. Local pool dealers have recommended Simple Salt and the pool frog both of which I have heard horror stories about. I'm on well water and it's a shallow well so I think I am going to have water trucked in. I am located in the Hampton roads area of Virginia. Neighbors pool is 30k gallons with no heater and he is swimming from middle may to middle September

We have a salt pool and the ease of maintenance sold us. Remember when you start up use bleach to get you to the level of chlorine. Add your stabilizer to get your CYA to the right level. Add salt and turn on your generator. This past season we had zero issues - pool was balanced - water had a good feel to it. I too recommend using salt water generator as your source of chlorine. Keep in mind salt is salt...so save the money and buy basic solar salt and not pool salt. The difference is size - pool salt dissolves quicker but the minutes it is faster does not out weigh the cost.

I didn't see a vacuum in your list. We have an aqua bug by Hayward....I would put it in the 'ok' section.

Include the TF100 test kit and a Speed Stir in your list of things to buy.

Foam cove should be cheap (less than $200) and well worth it in my opinion - ir makes the pool look much nicer, and my vac likes it better.

I too have a friend with an IG salt water pool, and I will be converting my ABG to salt this spring. I like the idea of not having to add bleach every day. Some days my schedule makes it a pain.

-dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.