Pentair UltraFlow Head curve

iskubits

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 10, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Does anyone have head curve for older UltraFlow Pumps ?

Trying to get exact GPM. I have 2 Pentair UltraFlow pumps:

1) 1 HP 1.25 SF
2) 1.5 HP 1.1 SF

Total head is in 55 ft. range. I am getting wide range of results for different pumps with the same HP (obviously, because the pumping mechanisms are different).

Thanks,
Igor.

iskubits said:
Trying to get exact GPM. I have 2 Pentair UltraFlow pumps:

1) 1 HP 1.25 SF
2) 1.5 HP 1.1 SF

Those should be labled as uprated pumps but there are two flavors, UF & UR. However, head loss will be dependent on the pump HP, SF and model. How did you come to 55 ft. of head? If you don't have direct measurements, you are probably better off using standard plumbing curves.

Gage shows 15 PSI (* 2.31 + 75% of it comes to 52.55 Ft of head so I rounded it up to 55). This is on a larger pump.

As per my original post pumps are 1.5 HP with SF of 1.1 and 1 HP with SF of 1.25. BHP of 1.65 and 1.25. None of the curves are for these models.

Thanks,
Igor.

Maybe I am missing something obvious again, but how do you know that none of those curves are for the model you have? Pentair doesn't list the brake HP, just the full rated vs up rated distinction. The SF numbers you listed sound like standard up rated motors, which I would imagine match one of the two possible (UF or UR versions) up rated pumps of the corresponding HP (1 or 1.5) in that manual.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.