Tfp testimonial

Apr 4, 2015
Tempe az
I joined the forum earlier this year and started using the tfp method in May this year. Pretty much stopped doing everything I did the first year as a pool owner that the pool store told me to do. Drained 80% of my water got my cya down to 40 and started using the tfp method.
All I did this summer was dose nightly with 10% and add acid twice a week. Got a full test kit and a speed stir. Began the first month testing the fc and ph nightly and recording the results. Did a full test every weekend including fas-dpd test
Pretty much added 32-42oz of 10% nightly and added acid twice a week once I got my TA to 70. Ph was rising rapidly at both 90 and 80.
Summer test numbers
Fc8 (after dosing)
Fc4-5 (before dosing nightly)
Ph7.4-7.6 (avg test numbers)
TA 70 (started at 90 after drain and fill)
CH 280
CYA 50 (started at 40 used a couple tabs to bring it to 50 then haven't used one in 4 months now)

So all that being said the method is totally legit and works awesome. I averaged 30 mins a week on pool care all summer that counts nightly dosing, testing and brushing and cleaning out the skimmer and pump basket.
My neighbors are totally jealous of how my pool looks, feels and how crystal clear the water is. Other then my initial slam after I did the drain and fill all I did was add liquid chlorine. Didn't use a ounce of dichlor, trichlor or any additives all season besides acid.
Haven't got any friends to convert yet cause they don't understand, but this method is simple and easy and the learning curve isn't bad either just takes some dedication.

Think I will eventually get a liquidator or a strenner setup other then that I don't think I need to change anything I'm doing

Thank you forum moderators
a34a087e7ccbed6a2ff71a967afa2158.jpg
a11774e5bf7ff18401f797a9a23a8beb.jpg

Haven't got any friends to convert yet cause they don't understand, but this method is simple and easy and the learning curve isn't bad either just takes some dedication.

The issue with "conversion" is that people do not like "change". They feel if something is not broken, why try to fix it. Only until they stumble upon a problem and have to spend hundreds of dollars and many weeks, if not months trying to clear their pool up (without success), do they ever realize that "maybe they should have listened". In addition, people do not grasp the concept that tri-chlor, di-chlor, cal-hypo, and most weekly maintenance shock is still chlorine (Chlorine is chlorine is chlorine) as you hear this quite often on the forum. One other item (again only my opinion and hopefully I am not being to forward), most people are just "lazy" and do not have the desire and willingness to learn. It is the society we live in, thereby taking the easier route. Plus, there is way too much misinformation on the internet, sometimes causing confusion.

BTW, the pool looks great. :p

I'm starting year two of TFP methods and pool ownership in general.

yep. It is the best & least cost way to maintain a swimmable body of water.

I love it....like gardening.

Every time the sun is out and I see that diamond like sparkle in the water, I can feel a smile on my face.

The most surprising response from other non-pool owners is when I mention bleach as
the chlorine supply.

Bleach?!?

Then I explain the majority ingredient and how that is chlorine.

The response I always get?

"oh....that's pretty cool!"

LOL I NEVER say "bleach" anymore..............if you say "chlorine" they seem to accept it better! What is in a word?????

Kim

’Tis but thy name that is mine enemy:
What’s Bleach? It is not hand nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part.
What’s in a name? That which we call liquid chlorine,
By any other name would smell as sour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I don't say bleach either. My wife asked me not to mention it to the family since it could upset them. As soon as the bottles arrived I slipped off the labels and had a plain white jug which resembled traditional pool chlorine. Problem solved. Now with my Stenner pump I just fill it up and let it go. I would put the Stenner on par with the Speedstir. My pool sparkles like diamonds and my wife could not be happier

I couldn't agree more with both the lazy comment and misinformation.
When I first started my wife thought I was crazy testing and dosing nightly. So did my friends and co workers. I actually took a stop watch and timed how long I spent during a full week on the pool this summer. And between dosing, cleaning, and a full test on the weekend and a couple quick dpd tests during the week I spent 35mins total. I told my wife you spend more then that on Facebook daily lol.
Not to mention a month ago I was at the pool store picking up my weekly 2 gals of 10%. A lady was in front of me and the guy sold her a big 3gal bucket of dichlor powder and some container of green to clean stuff cause her pool was green. She spent over 100$. I just said dam she just got pool stored. Then I spend 6 bucks on my chlorine and walk out. What's funny is the store I go to by my work knows me now to where when I walk in they put a box of 2 gals of 10% on the counter and say "you need your usual". They know that's all I buy and don't even bother trying to sell me anything else. I buy my acid in the paint dept at lowes cause it's stronger and cheaper and you can buy it by the single gallon vs 2 at the pool store.
I fully admit I followed what the pool store said for the first year before I found this site and changed my methods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the testimonial - there are still some of us reading along that haven't gone whole-hog into the TFP method. My rationale is that our new build is still under warranty from the PB who specified the Dichlor floater method must be used along with the test kit they provided to maintain the warranty. I already know (from PoolSchool & PoolMath) that for every puck I put in the floater - I'm adding 6ppm CYA, and have a bar-chart showing where my CYA should be over time.

I've been reading up on the method and know it will cost far less in the long-run, but want to be sure there's no problem if we have something needing warranty repair in the near future - I don't want the PB to use TFP Method as a means of escape. We're only a few months into our new build, and this is the period with the highest likelihood that if something's going to go wrong, it will now vs. later (pump/plumbing/etc.). A few weeks back, the floater got low (my inattention) and our dilution test kit showed we were below the needed Cl level - so I used PoolMath to pour in 16oz of liquid chlorine that I've already started stockpiling for the switchover. Retested next morning and back in normal range.

Hearing testimonials helps me to know that once our warranty period is expired, I'm making the right choice to go with a better test kit and liquid Cl for maintenance. We have a long pool season in the Sonoran desert,

Good for you. With new pools that is always the first thing we ask. If you HAVE to follow their ways for warranty, then that's what you should do. I would recommend that you get a recommended test kit though. That way you can be ready when it's time to fix your pool. Plus, you can compare your chart with an actual reading on CYA and know what your FC should be so you know if it's safe to go into the pool.

Ok I am loving this thread!Will be off to search for more awesome testimonials.....

I found this method from a blog post about BBB which led me here to TFP. I am a pool owner for the first time and am sickened over the expense of a pool guy and feeling very powerless in understanding how to care for this pool in an affordable and manageable way. Can it really be as little as 30 mins a week??? Please say this real!! :)

Yeah, it's for real. You even have the correct test kit which is essential in following what we teach.

We'll take out all the mystery of pool care if you are willing to take charge of your pool by doing your own testing and then a willingness to learn. Careful, we can be addictive!

You ALREADY have all that you need to take over the pool---------a good test kit and TFP!

I have a link for you. I will show you a "snap shot" of caring for your pool.

Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Here is a link to what we use to care for our pools. Most of it can be found at Walmart or such! Neat huh?

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

We are SO glad you found us!

Kim

Excellent testimonial Carpainter. That's what TFP is all about, and what we love to hear. Have a wonderful night. :)

Hello MissKatherineA To answer your question, Yes it can "really be as little as 30 mins a week." That's just one of the many reasons we love the TFP method. 1)It's quick and easy 2)It saves us tons of money, 3)It works!!!! It doesn't get anymore real than this. Have a wonderful night, and welcome to TFP :).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.