Just for Clarification

Hi, sorry don't know answer to your question, but I'm looking to purchase one like that. Can you use in very cold weather? Or at least somewhat cold. How do you like it?

There is a post that talks of this but this will be my first fall/winter with the inflatable vinyl spa.Mine is outside on the uncovered Patio and it sits on the supplied bubble mat plus I bought the expandable lock together exercise mats from SAMs club (2 packets) for insulation and to create a nice floor. Currently our Temperatures are dropping to 52 at night and it is fine but when it starts hitting a long string of mid 40's I think I will take it down. As to if I like it? The main reason to purchase was to test if a spa was something my wife and I would like. The purchase and set up total with the Taylor test kit, chemicals, cup holders, exercise mats etc... Was at $400. A real bargain when compared to used or new full size spas. This allows us to try one as well as learn proper care before/if we jump in whole hog, so to speak. In my opinion, it's a fantastic economical way to get exposure to a spa. Sure it does not give you all the bells and whistle the main ones do but it does expose you to one. Whatever you decide good luck.

Do you have the Taylor K-2006 or the K-2106?

The Taylor K-2106 is designed for bromine. If you use a 10 ml sample, you multiply the number of drops by 1.25 to get the total bromine. If you use a 25 ml sample, you multiply the number of drops by 0.5 to get the total bromine.

Total Bromine Test
1. Rinse and fill large comparator tube to desired mark with water to be tested.
NOTE: For 1 drop = 0.5 ppm, use 25 mL sample.
For 1 drop = 1.25 ppm, use 10 mL sample.
2. Add 2 dippers R-0870. Swirl until dissolved. If total bromine is present, sample will turn pink.
NOTE: If pink color disappears, add R-0870 until color turns pink.
3. Add R-0872 dropwise, swirling and counting after each drop, until color changes from pink to
colorless.
4. Multiply drops in Step 3 by drop equivalence (Step 1). Record as parts per million (ppm) total bromine.
Instructions for the K-2106.

Edit- The k-2106 and the k-2006 are probably the same test kit other than the instructions and that the 2106 doesn't have r-003 to test for combined. R-0871 and R-0872 are probably the same reagent. The result comes out almost exactly the same if you multiply 0.5 x 2.25 = 1.125 or count each drop as 1.25.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.