Trouble getting the right balance

What's up? Problem solved?

I've been out of commission for a couple of days. I've been following the advice here and shortening the pump run times. The other night when I couldn't find the reading on my PDA for the salt percent, I changed it out back by the equipment pad. Lowered the percent to 70%. I had no idea what was going on and didn't know if it had been going full blast or completely shut off. I compromised at 70%.

ComputerGuyInLOLA solved that mystery of the missing reading from the PDA. He suggested that I may have to have the pump on or the cell must not be resting. My tests this morning show the FC is down to 7. So I lowered the cell down to 65% and will give that a couple of days to see if the FC will get on back to 4-6. If not, I'll shorten the run time on the pumps.

Right now, I have the pump running in the morning from 8-12:00 (noon) and then back on in the afternoon from 4-8:00pm. I have the first and last 30 minutes of the day with the pump running on high to do a good sweep after the quiet night and at the end of the day. The other 7 hours are running on low speed. I've been experimenting around with that. So far it's working out pretty well. I get quite a bit of crepe myrtle debris and the pump on low speed doesn't seem to collect it in the skimmers as well as on high speed. I guess that's ok to do.

Oh and for anyone wanting to know how to warm up their pool during the downslide into fall...... Ask your son to please forget to turn off the heater when he's finished using the spa! Lol!!! The spa is a toasty 95 and the pool is sitting at 90 degrees...... He may get to pay half of my gas bill if it shoots up!!!

Thanks for all the help!
Suz.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.