Can I remove the PVC cap from my front yard sewer pipe and drain my pool water there?

KrisIL

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 3, 2012
Illinois
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Just curious...I have this big PVC cap in front of my house which I assume is from the sewer drain. Can I remove it and drain some of the water from my pool there? My house is not very long so this is my other choice instead of draining into my yard.

City sewer. City charges me for water and sewage when I fill up my pool after winter. So why just drain the water in the yard when I paid already for city taking it back. It's like draining the money down your backyard.

Most city's give an allowance for water only use, like pool filling. You just wave to ask/insist.

You're probably okay. I would be worried about it backing up into the house piping someway. That's what would happen if I tried it, I'm sure. :)

Most city's give an allowance for water only use, like pool filling. You just wave to ask/insist.

You're probably okay. I would be worried about it backing up into the house piping someway. That's what would happen if I tried it, I'm sure. :)

They gave me that discount first time. Then next year when I asked they said they have never done it and I have to pay.

My city doesn't give me squat lol. I call every year at fill up time to try to get the reduction on my sewer bill (in hopes their rules have changed), I tell them every year I am filling my pool, and the water isn't going into the sewer, it's going into the pool, but nope lol they make no allowances or reductions on the sewer bill for pool filling. :(

I have a lot of indoor draining issues because of roots getting into my sewer lines outside. I need to get my outside sewer lines cleaned out again to be able to do that here. LOL but I'm like Bob, with my luck mine would backflow back into the house somehow, and cause me more issues.

But yeah, if you have no potential draining issues then Let Er Rip, lol, and while you're at it, give em some for me too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.