Fresh fill cloudy

Jan 1, 2015
Richland
I did a fresh fill for my 260 gallon bromide spa 2 days ago. I first added 2 oz. of Mineral Clear as directed by the spa store. After letting that filter thru the spa for 24 hours, I rinsed the filter and proceeded to balance the chemical levels. I added 2 oz of Brominating Concentrate and the Frog. The water is cloudy. Currently, my readings are pH 7.4, TA 375, CH 280, CYA 20. My Bromide levels are almost non-existent. Pool Math told me to add .8 oz of Borax to help with TA. It also said to add 1.8 oz of liquid stabilizer. What is an example of the stabilizer? Should I be doing anything else to make the water clearer?

260 gallon outdoor spa, well water, cartridge filter, Frog floater, no ozonator. Installed Oct. 2014.

Your TA is very, very high and your CH high. It's surprising your pH is not high as well. The cloudiness may be calcium carbonate.

Are you sure your TA test was done correctly? Sometimes there can be static electricity on the dropper tip and you need to wipe it with a damp cloth first. If it's correct, then you can follow the procedure to Lower Total Alkalinity.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.