What is my spa doing?

tl01

Oct 4, 2015
Texas
Hi all! I'm new here. We just finished our new inground pool. It is about 35 ft x 24 ft. We have all pentair equipment. We just started heating our spa and it seems that when the heater is on sometimes the water coming through is very finely aerated. Anyone have any idea what could be causing this. It only happens when the heat is on to the spa and not to the pool. The spa heats very quickly. Here's a pic and I also have a video of it. The pool is a salt pool. The jets were not on at this time. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_7603.jpg
    IMG_7603.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 56
How long has your pool been plastered? I have read where most PB say to wait 30 days before using the heater. I am not sure why...........that might be a good search question.

What did your PB say?

Kim

Looks like a suction side leak in the spa to me. Air is probably getting into the lines before they enter the pump. Try checking the unions and valves in the suction side of the spa leading up to the pool pump.

1. Does your filter also get a air in it when this is happening? If you open the valve at the top of the filter is it air then water or just water that comes out?

2. Can you run only the spa without the heater on and if so is the result the same?

When I run just the spa I don't believe this happens... But I will go check. I will run the heater and check everything. I hope it is not a leak underground. Ugh! That would be a mess!

I'll check the filter valve too.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.