new wet edge finish start up advise

roth79

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 19, 2009
Just had my pool refinished with wet edge satin finish last week, its been 10 days and here are my numbers with tft 100.

FC 6
CC 0
PH 7.6
Ta 80
CH 230
CYA 30
Temp florida 82 degrees

It is a salt pool but I am not going to add for 30 days and I did use a few pucks to add some cya and then a little stabilizer powder. Advise on my numbers as I am wanting to add borates again but I will wait till its stable, the above numbers are 10 minutes ago so I am going to add 2 cups MA now. As the advise here the PH is rising daily so MA Daily.

I just set up pump timer as it has been running 24-7 for the last 7 days, and brushing daily.

Any advise on the numbers above please.

Roth

Last edited:
Updated at about 30 days, ready to salt this thing!

New numbers.

PH 7.5, dropping to 7.2 tonight. adding 2 cups MA
fc 4.5 (used liquid and Tabs for a little cya)
cc 0
Ta 70
CH 300
CYA 60
Borates 0
Salt 0
Temp 72 (yup Florida!)

Its a new Wet Edge satin finish and its looking pretty good. I need to keep brushing to show some more sparkle but its getting there.

What do you think regarding the numbers? I am thinking on raising the CYA to 70 as outlined in pool school for SWG.

Thanks,

Roth

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.