How to remove acrylic knockdown deck over concrete ...

no-mas

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 16, 2008
FL
Hope this is the right place to post - I have an acrylic coated concrete deck and I wish to recontour a small portion of it with a diamond cup on a grinder so that rain water runs toward the deck drain rather than toward my covered porch. I'm afraid that the acrylic will "gum up" the diamond cup - Should I remove the acrylic somehow before grinding the concrete substrate, and if so, how; or is the diamond cup going to be suitable to do this?

Well, I read your post and am not familiar with the type coating you describe. Have you contacted the PB or PB's in your area since they should have knowledge of this type coating? How about a pic?

I think a lot of people call it cool deck, but the cool deck I know from when I was a kid is porous. My deck is not... I'll take a pic and post later today. Thanks -

Duraleigh -
Here are a couple of pictures - I thought they called it acrylic knockdown, but maybe it's just cooldeck? Anyway, what do you think?

hsj62r.jpg

Here's a closeup
34y5h85.jpg

Thanks...

That certainly looks like kooldeck. If so, a kooldeck contractor will be able to advise the feasability of your project. I doubt you will have much luck matching the existing and making a decent repair but a professional may be able to help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.