Charleston, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-3)
I am on the peninsula of Charleston, SC and if you have been watching any national news, we are having historic floods and rainfall. In anticipation of the rains, I pumped out my pool level as low as I could yesterday morning. It didn't rain as much as was predicted yesterday, but it started last night and hasn't stopped since. I also poured enough bleach to get my FC level to 10 yesterday afternoon. I got up at 7:30 and the pool was 1/2" from overflowing so I pumped out again as low as I could. I just tested and my FC level is 7.5 and PH is holding steady at 7.6. We have a Washintonia palm that is dropping palm fruit berries by the bushel, but not much else in the pool. Should I do anything else at this point? We had 5-6" overnight and predicting another 8-12" today and tomorrow. Fortunately, we are on "high" original ground so our house is not flooding and our street is not flooded. They have actually closed the peninsula so unless you are emergency personnel, you cannot drive into downtown.

Don't want to hijack the thread but I'm also on Charleston, though west of the peninsula. Rain is calm for once at the moment, but after 48+ hours of intermittent flash flooding, I think I can speak for all of us that we are exhausted!

Thanks for asking. We are safe and dry and I have pumped out the pool for the 4th time. FC holding steady at 8.5 and CC at 0. One small leak in the downstairs powder room window so we feel very fortunately to not have more. The storm drains are actually working on our street so even the water I pumped out has not collected in our garden, but went down the drain. It has stopped raining, but more predicted tonight as the low goes offshore and we get a different side of it.

Thanks. The water from the midlands is now flowing into our rivers here on the coast, so more flooding is on the way. Hopefully we will stay out of high water. Here is a link to my CYA question since you mentioned it CYA after storm

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.