Balboa Control Board "Slave Heater"

rob.mwpropane

In The Industry
Jun 9, 2015
Baldwin, Maryland
Hello all. I've recently dove into getting a spa. Trying to retrofit in a gas heater. The Balboa control board has "Slave Heater J101" and "Slave Heater J100" on the board. Since it's not connected, I'm unsure weather these are 240, or continuity?

I would like to piggy back my current pool heater to be plumbed into the spa and forget the electric element.

Ok, so I know this is an old thread, but I like to come back and answer my own stuff if no one else will. Seems the balboa "Slave Heater J101" and "Slave Heater J100" just put out the 240v and that I can wire a relay to this to control the pool heater. I found one on amazon; search "a13100900ux0371" and the 240v relay that can be used for continuity or 120 to control my pool heater. This is exactly what is used and how it is done in the balboa control board when it comes with that option from the factory. It's called an ice cube relay. Just thought I would try to share what I learned...

Ok, so I know this is an old thread, but I like to come back and answer my own stuff if no one else will. Seems the balboa "Slave Heater J101" and "Slave Heater J100" just put out the 240v and that I can wire a relay to this to control the pool heater. I found one on amazon; search "a13100900ux0371" and the 240v relay that can be used for continuity or 120 to control my pool heater. This is exactly what is used and how it is done in the balboa control board when it comes with that option from the factory. It's called an ice cube relay. Just thought I would try to share what I learned...
Excellent! Sometimes someone has to be the first to figure things out. Glad you shared.

When I get it all up and running I'll get some pictures together. I still need to figure out the plumbing to tie the heater into the spa, weather to use the circulation pump that the spa has to get water to and from the heater, or have a pump at the heater push hot water to the spa like a primary loop in a boiler application.

If anybody has any opinions on that, I'm all ears.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.