Sep 2, 2008
I've just added my 11 boxes of borax and 3 1/2 gal. of acid to my 15,000 gal fiberglass pool. I have not checked my ph yet since I'm waiting for my 48 hr. time period. My biggest concern is the LaMotte borate test strips. I live near Roseville and Sacramento Ca. I have called every pool and spa supply store in the area, and some in So. Calif. I cannot locate these test strips. I have found them on one Pool supply web site. I don't mind paying the $9.00 for the strips , but I don't want to spend the other $25.00 for shipping. I have thought about buying $100.00 worth for the free shipping and then go into resale for myself. Is there any other type of industry that uses these strips other than pool owners that have added the borax.Until I can locate the strips I think I can go by the calculator and test my ph. Will that work?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.