Is one pump sufficient?

Markb81

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 1, 2015
St. George, UT
Hi everyone! New to TFP. I've been stalking the site for some time getting ideas, but we just recently began construction on our own pool.

My question is about my pump. My PB has convinced me that only the single pump is necessary for my setup. He said the intelliflo will do a great job with both the pool and the spa. We don't have any extra water features except for a couple bubblers on the baja shelf. I'm concerned though that by having only a single pump we might be limiting ourselves to what can be run all at one time. Your advice is appreciated.

How many jets are your planning for the spa and what is the flow rate requirement per jet? That is the most important factor. Too many spa jets at high flow rates and the single pump with filter and heater in line may not be able to support it.

I appreciate all the advice. It puts my mind at ease. I wouldn't have worried about it all except the PB we chose was the only one of 4 that didn't include a separate pump just for the spa.

There will be 8 jets, not sure of the flow rate.

Thanks again everyone, coming from someone who is getting their first pool this site has been so helpful.

Will the PV3 be on its own pump? We have a separate pump for our PV3.

Interesting thing happened today when I met with my PB. He is going to use a second pump after all. The variable speed will run the pool and the second pump will run the spa. Not sure on the exact size of the second yet, but this setup will definitely work better. I can rest easy now and not worry that there may be a problem later down the line. (I wonder if my post on here had anything to do with it? Maybe he's a TFP member.)

BTW, how do you like your PV3 system? I was on the fence for a long time, but it seems that there are more satisfied customers than those who have had problems.

BTW, how do you like your PV3 system? I was on the fence for a long time, but it seems that there are more satisfied customers than those who have had problems.

Our pool isn't finished so I don't have direct experience with it. Yet. Once I found out about Paramount, it became a requirement for us. Never considered my pool without one. Because I'm lazy. Haha.

Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.