Gilbert, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
I need help :) We rent a home with in ground pool and in ground spa. The spa has never been touched and since the issues with the landlord's pool guy arose, I don't think he ever properly maintained it. The valve that diverts to the spa broke and he didn't replace it. We waited for well over a month for him to do that. In the meantime, the spa sat stagnate.. and is now gross. I finally called a guy out myself who replaced the valve and fixed plumbing leaks so that has now been taken care of.

1. I need to drain the spa but can't find a way to do it with the equipment. I thought "Ok, I will use the water hose siphon method.. " but then I can't get the hose lower than the tub so not sure if that will work. On a budget so can't really go rent a pump. I wondered if I hooked our weird pool vac up and stuck that in the spa would that suction the water out along with whatever is in there? Otherwise, its grab a large bucket and start heaving water lol

2. After I drain it, I need to scrub it ... oh joy. I am guessing I could use a bucket of regular bleach water and brush to scrub it all?

3. The spa fills up from the pool so I will have to keep water flowing into the pool as it tries to flow into the spa or I could just fill it from the waterhose - not sure when I should do?

This is my first time having/maintaining a spa. I presume that I could maintain it like the pool and keep the levels about the same (less chlorine from what I am reading). Any advice?

Well, I improvised and used the pool vac to suction out most except for the very bottom well. I figured since I had to scrub it that I would pour bleach into what was left and use that.. Worked like a charm!

Got it all scrubbed down including jets, skimmer, light and refilled it from the hose until almost full then filled the rest from the pool. Waiting for chlorine levels to drop to test PH and then it should be good to go :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.