Timer motor not working

Oct 1, 2015
Alpharetta
I am an idiot when it comes to electricity and can only duplicate what I've previously disasembled. Just replaced a T104R timer with a T104M, both of which are supposedly 240v timers, but when I check the voltage, it's only 110. The T104R worked fine for 15 years. Everything works manually but the timer does not. Would I be crazy if I said it will work briefly but then stopped for no reason. I took my first purchased T104M back due to the same reason. Now I'm embarassed because this second one is doing the same thing. Off this 30 amp breaker is white, green and one black wire. Do I have the wrong timer?

If the power is 240, then you should have 240V between the black and white wires, and 120V between the green and the other two wires.

A common mistake made on these is to reverse the line and load. The clock will run when the switch is on, but as soon as it shuts off it stops.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.