IntelliPh Pump safety Issue

Sep 30, 2015
Chicago IL
I installed an Intelliph system along with a pentair pump and chlorinator in June of 2014. As of a couple of weeks ago I noticed acid staining underneath the pump. In fact my two children noticed the staining and thought it was mud. I contact Pentair to file a warranty claim as the pump went bad and leaked. Little did I expect to be told that [actual emails] "The whole unit is absolutely covered by a three year warranty if anything goes bad with it. The only difference with these pumps is they are a wear and tear item and do have to be replaced every year. This also makes it not a warrantable part because since they have to get changed out annually it does not fall into the perimeters of warranty."

So I ask in relation to the annual replacement "I did not see where I was supposed to (in the owners manual)" The reply i get "Yes the tube fittings in those units need to be replaced yearly because there is Acid running through them and they will eventually fail. There is a kit PN 522152 which rebuilds those motors, which is mainly replacing the suction tubes....it is an IntelliPH system it's on page 10 of the OM."

Please PENTAIR please show me where in the OM it states "this is a part that needs to be replaced at the minimum once a year"

No where in the sales brochure, user manual, or in any other documentation purchased with this unit is there ANY mention of a yearly replacement. At the very least this is a safety issue as little kids can be very hurt with the acid, and the worst this is a manufacturing defect.

*P/N 521348Z - Pump head Jaco fitting with tube and screw.

The IntelliChem pump head, pH sensor and ORP sensor are considered wear items and are
covered by their own warranty periods and are not part of any extended warranty coverage.

This is from the intellichem, not the intelliph, but the same applies. The intellichem specifies yearly replacement.

Yes that would make sense if I bought the intellichem! However, this does not negate the fact that this one but very critical maintenance is not mentioned at all in the IntellPh manual, which I have. A representative from Pentair contacted me and offered to send replacement parts. In addition Pentair is going to change the instructions to include a notice that this part must be replaced yearly at a minimum. I am glad they recognized this small but important oversight!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.