How to select a heater for my little pool

pabeader

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
May 14, 2015
Cartersville Ga
I would like help deciding on a replacement heater for my little pool. I would prefer nat. gas. I would really like to use the pool year round. Pool temp would be best at around 80-85. Hotter is better but not required.
nat. gas cost is .36 per therm
electric is .10 per kW

Thoughts?

I will be doing the install myself and the current heater is nat. gas.

A larger heater will heat your water faster using basically the same amount of gas that a smaller heater would.

Raypak seems to get very positive reviews.

So, I would suggest the largest Raypak you can afford and that your gas line will support. Although given the size of your pool, there is probably not much of a need to go bigger than 250k BTU ... assuming you are not going to be looking to raise the temp many degrees very quickly.

I sell and install lots of Raypak/Rheem units a year. They are the best unit on the market today. The unit you mention is the 200K BTU unit and is good but I would consider going up a model and at least getting the 266K BTU unit, 009217. Hardly much more in cost, maybe $150 difference, and it would heat your pool faster. For $150 more, it's worth it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.