poolside skimmer port from main drain plugged

Sep 30, 2015
Chandler AZ
Hi all new to this forum. My IG pool was built in the 80s, I moved in 2004. It has a spa attached. My question is one more of curiosity than a problem. The main drains (one in spa with a skimmer and one in the pool with a skimmer) must be hooked into the into my skimmer bottoms (both have 2 holes in the bottom). I have a space ship diverter in the spa skimmer. I have a vac mate in poolside skimmer that I hook my kreepy krawler to. I do not have any valves by the pump that are for the main drains. Only a jandy 3 point one for suction to turn spa suction on/off or pool suction on/off or half and half, so I am assuming the drains are plumbed to the skimmer hole. So here are my questions. My pool skimmer front hole (that I assume is to the main drain) is and has always has a threaded plug in it while the spa skimmer has both open with the diverter, Im wondering if anyone can explain this? And is the spa skimmer pulling from the pool drain or the spa drain? Also do the diverters ever need to be replaced. Thank you for any insight.
Azkappy, 25000gal spa/pool combo, IG plastered play pool, deepest part 6ft. Single speed 1.5 hp motor, with DE filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.