Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hi,

My new pool has been running for about a month now. I've had two mornings where I went to do my daily check on the pool and I noticed that one of the two (Hayward) skimmer flaps (if that's what they're called) was stuck in an up position (the same one is getting stuck each time), causing water not to go down much that line, and getting air in the system. Each time, I can simply push the flap down and that solves the issue (of course, I remove the air from the system too).

The PB's project manager came by today and said that he removed some debris from the sidewall and that the flapper was working fine after. I got home and checked it out and it's still doing the same exact thing. Prior to him stopping by, he (I'm thinking accidentally) copied me when he emailed a couple of his co-workers and mentioned that he has two homeowners with the same problem (my problem) and that he wasn't sure what to do (which scares me, if he's a project manager).

So, I'm reaching out on here to ask if there's a common way to fix something like this, prior to me going back and forth more with the PB.

Thanks!

It's a Weir door.

If it is spring loaded you might try to see if it can be pushed down a little (vertically)

I had a spring loaded one in my last pool and it would stick to the top position like yours as well,
but it was catching on a little peice of tile grout sticking out where it shouldn't be.

lowering mine a little fixed that.

can you see what is grabbing it?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.