Negoiating pool price

Jul 29, 2015
Douglasville, GA
Hi all,

Getting very close to contracting for a pool to be built over the winter. Have 3 builders we like, but 1 one of them is hands down the best of 3, but also a little more expensive. Price is in the $55-65k range - 100-110' perimeter, Pebbletec, stone waterfall, tanning shelf, 1500' stamped concrete, SWG, etc etc. Had the company back out Friday and after looking specific placement, we now need a retaining wall on one side, but this avoids having to put a raised wall on the back of the pool. 40' long x 3' high stacked stone with coping as a cap.

I have what I feel like is a final quote and am wondering if any one has been successful knocking xxx amount of dollars of the price? I have no idea what to ask, or even if I should. Just wondering if price ends up being negotiable or not?

Also, we may be interested in some mosaics either in the shallow end or on the tanning shelf. Any one have ideas what PB's typically charge for something like that? Have found an online supplier and was thinking of buying them on my own and having the work crew install.

Thanks for any info! Build thread coming soon!

We had a similar experience. Of the 5 we talked to it was clear 2 of them were head and shoulders better than the others. Also more expensive. I'm not fond of negotiating but I made it known we were working with a budget and any savings would be important. In the end we made one final request to swap around some equipment and made an offer. Wasn't all that dramatic. The PB took it and we moved on.

We're nearing the end (decking, Pebblesheen then fill) and so far we haven't had a single worry worth mentioning. We think peace of mind has a cost, too. And we're glad we paid it. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.