Water feature (commercial building)

Sep 28, 2015
São Paulo
Hi guys

I have come to this forum out of desparation after trawling the internet for guidance.

I am the property manager of a AAA commercial building in Sao Paulo, Brazil. The infinity pool, that feeds a waterfall on one side is the property owners pride and joy... but even after a number of interventions to improve water flow and therefore the overall effect I have been stumped at the finishing line due to a recurring problem.

I have 2 Sodramar BMS300 3 HP pumps (500lts/min), and every 6 months the internal rotor breaks or disintegrates. I am told that locally this is thebest pump available. We plan to improve the instalation further so we always have a thrid pump in 'hot stand by', allowing maintenace to ba carried out without turning the water feature off.

Even with this done I currently have to face the problem of replacing an expensive imported pump every 6 months or so. My question is... are there better options available in the US or Europe?

Awaiting your words of wisdom o great ones!

:cool: Hello and welcome to TFP. Sorry, I don't know anything about pumps, but I'm sure someone else will be along shortly to help you. In the meantime, I do know that everyone here loves pics, so perhaps you could post a pic of the water feature and that may help draw attention to your post. Also, the knowledgable ones trying to figure out what might be corrosive in the water will likely ask about the water chemistry, so posting how you have been maintaining the water will help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.