Aquarite acting up with new cell

shacke

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
Philadelphia
Hi

I have an aquarite/goldrite panel and a t-15 cell. I recently replaced the old cell with the same model, brand name and brand new - not generic.

Something has been going on and I hope that someone recognizes the issue. :confused:

The unit stops putting out chlorine, and I reset it, and it stops again. I am unsure of the timing of when exactly it happens - first I wondered if it could be related to the whole system being on a timer. Granted, it has been on a timer all its life - but I was not sure why it kicks off. I have tested it - shut the pump down and restarted - and each time it still shows it is generating.

I know something is up because when I cycle through the display, it reads 0 amps. Again, not sure when exactly it decides to quit on me.

One other thing - no lights blinking to say something is wrong.

Thanks for any help for pointing me in the right direction.

Last edited:
Yes:

When I reset it this evening:

73 degrees
31p
r.14

I went out a little while after that and voltage and amps were 30 and 0

Just checking again just now and its back to 24.7 and 5.2

Perhaps I am misunderstanding how to read the panel? Is this normal fluctuation?

You have set it to generate chlorine 31% of the time. So most of the time (69%) the cell is not doing anything, hence the current is zero.
The "Generating" light stays on the whole time regardless of the percentage setting (unless you turn the SWCG off).

For software revisions before r 1.55, the cycle time is 120 minutes. For software revisions r 1.55 and higher, the cycle time is 180 minutes.

For your r 1.4 software, the cycle time is 120 minutes. At 31 %, your unit will produce for 37 minutes and then be off for 83 minutes. Then the polarity will reverse and the cycle will begin again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.