Using a parachute for a winter cover

Jun 12, 2007
North Carolina
My dad said they always used a parachute for their winter cover. Our pool cover we got with our pool was a piece of junk. We had to toss it out because it had ripped and was full of holes. My parents got the parachute from the Army Navy Surplus store. Just wondering if others used parachutes. :?

NicInNC said:
My dad said they always used a parachute for their winter cover.
:shock: Well, okay now, there is more than one way to skin a cat and this may be one of them! :lol:

It would help if you could list your pool (and equipment) info in your sig so that members can respond appropriately. I think you have an AG pool?

Did your parents have an AG pool? How long did their parachute/canopy last?

Sorry I can't be of more help, but my brain just went to "nylon" (wing or reserve canopy?) :mrgreen:

Just can't wait to see the responses to your post! :-D We are always looking for another way to do things!

Sorry, I thought I did have my pool info in my sig at one time. I'll fix that. We have a 27' ABG. My parents was the same size. They no longer have the pool though, so I have no picture of it. I'll ask my dad how many years the parachute lasted, how he held it in place, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.