Air leaking out of return plugs

ChrisL

Apr 3, 2007
When closing this year, I have air leaking out of both of the return plugs after blowing out the lines. I tried a new plug, but still have the issue. I use the screw in plugs, and tightened hand tight and when it did not seal I tightened it slowly all the way, but both continued to leak. Do I have to replace the return faceplate? The faceplate appears to be a Hayward with four screws in it. Its a vinyl pool. Thanks for any help.

Chris

When closing this year, I have air leaking out of both of the return plugs after blowing out the lines. I tried a new plug, but still have the issue. I use the screw in plugs, and tightened hand tight and when it did not seal I tightened it slowly all the way, but both continued to leak. Do I have to replace the return faceplate? The faceplate appears to be a Hayward with four screws in it. Its a vinyl pool. Thanks for any help.

Chris

Read the post about 12 down from your post. Winter plugs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.