Outdoor Shower options

Sep 15, 2015
Australia
Hi,

Part way through construction of our pool (Northern Australia, so will swim all year round), and am keen to put an outdoor shower in the pool yard. For me to rinse off after working in the yard, and/or kids after they have been for a swim.

I want it to look nice, we are having exposed aggregate concrete around part of the pool where the shower would be sited, and black aluminium fencing. I was either thinking of running copper pipe up a fence post and having a shower head on it - but would probably need to install another post to secure the pipe above fence height.

The other option would be something like this for $230 delivered http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-Outd...ool-35L-Garden-Black-Round-Head-/231358861659

Option 3 is one like this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Outdoor-...-After-Pool-Spa-Beach-Rinse-Off-/301737599517 that i can get locally for $100. Just not sure how it would look sitting on top of concrete, and whether the timber would age.

Advice welcomed

Hello! :wave: Not sure about your DIY capabilities, but if you had to buy one, each of the two choices has their own pros and cons. The solar heating feature may be nice for the black shower, although I don't particular care for its design. Some may like the simple, sleek look though, and of course the fact that it can heat water for a short period. It looks like it also requires the base to be mounted which may or may not be an issue for you. Personally, I like the 3rd choice. The wooden materials seem to look very nice and it can be moved wherever you need it. It's cheaper which is always a bonus, and if you're aren't too concerned about heated water, then that's not an issue either. I also found a couple more options for you to check out:
Solar-heated Outdoor Shower - Overstock Shopping - Great Deals on Shower Kits
DIY Project: How to Make an Outdoor Shower - Bob Vila
Outdoor Beach and Pool Showers - Made of High Quality Stainless Steel

Maybe all of this will help. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.