Pump humming

Hello and welcome to TFP! I was trying to help, but couldn't pinpoint that part. Is your set-up like the Intex pump & filter combos when the filter and pump are basically together? Like this for example: 14 Sanitation - Pool Accessories - Above Ground Pools - Store - Intex The parts listing for these only went as far down as replacing the whole motor. But if this is not your type of set-up, is there any chance there is another part number on the equipment or motor itself that may help us search a little better?

You need to pull the cap out, test it best you can, and then either search online or go to a motor repair place or large appliance store and see if they can match up a new cap for you. They can also verify if it is bad, too, most likely.

I took off the top, 4 small screws, by the on/off/timer button, all I saw were wires and circuit board. Do you know where the start cap. is on the motor? Thanks!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.