New Owner Builder in Riverside, Ca.

Sep 15, 2015
CORONA CALIFORNIA
Hi,
My name is Oscar I live in Riverside Ca. I’m currently in the process of
Building a pool I will be an owner builder
I am looking for ideas, advice, suggestions from other pool owners on my design and plan

Pool
38X18
1 skimmers, what kind of skimmers are normally use?
5 returns
interior finish pebble
Spa
8’ diameter
depth 42”

I need advice on plumbing and equipment

SWG system pool
Automatic Pentair easy touch

SWG intellichlor ic 60
Pentair 188594 quad D.E. Cartridge style filter 100sf 160 GMP ug
Pool pump Pentair intelliflow vs 011018
spa pump Pentair intelliflow 1.5 hp 011514, I might not need this one
water features pump Pentair wisperflow 011513 1 hp
Pentair heater 400k btu

Anything you recommend changing?

I will follow up with the pool sketch

I was super excited when I saw that but wanted someone else to confirm the depth first. Can't wait! Must be a scuba diver.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sorry that I can't help you about the loops of returns.

But I wanted to stop by and tell you how much I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your pool design. It reminds me of mine, but I love the planter, the beds tucked near the pool edges and the raised deck areas!!! Similar raised areas were originally part of my design, but other factors ruled them out. Yours is going to be absolutely lovely!

I don't know if you plan to use similar colors for the stones and decking as you have in the design, but I love them. The chocolate variations are so inviting and restful! Lovely retreat!

Take care,
Suz.

Loop or not I don't think it makes much difference the returns are there to mix the chems and coax debris to the skimmer. If one has a bit more pressure than another no big deal. Besides you can get different size eyeballs if the returns at the end are a bit strong. Only other thing I can think is if you go with the non loop try to keep each side as close to the same length as possible.

I believe you loose pressure the farther along the run you get. Which is why on non-looped returns they bring down the size of the pipe as the run continues to counterbalance this. Same goes for HVAC trunk lines for a visual. Our three returns are on one non-looped line, stepped down. The last of the three returns is a little less strong than the first, but still perfectly fine. We also have one separate return that is really a pressure vac line (which is usually open) and again, it's about the same pressure coming out. The non-looped is 2" stepping down to 1 1/2" I believe.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.