Pool Warranty Paperwork

numberonenole

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 18, 2009
Woods of North Florida
Do I need to fill out all this warranty stuff to send to the manufacturer? There are papers for the liner, pump, filter and who knows what else! I've read before that most of the time you don't need to fill out warranty paperwork and that it is just a way for companies to get your address and other information. I'd hate for this to be a case where it is needed and I didn't do it! Thanks!

I would do it just to cover yourself. However, I doubt many of my company's customers do it and we always honor the warranty (of course, we have a good bit of 'pull' with the manufacturers and distributor so we can 'force' them to accept something we send back as a warranty item :twisted: ) If your PB has the same 'sway' and will honor the warranties, no need to have your e-mail clogged with PB BS :) I do think that you should at least do the liner warranty, it's the one that they will most likely balk on and the most expensive thing that could need replacing.

A company cannot deny you warranty coverage to which you are entitled just because you didn't register with them, per the Magnuson-Moss warranty act. The consumer will need to be able to prove time of purchase if any warranty claim is made, but you'll have all the paperwork and receipts, so that should be no problem.

Generally speaking, registration is a method by which manufacturers collect demographic and marketing information from their consumers, and gather information to provide for notification in the event of a recall. You are under no obligation to register.

Standard disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, and nothing I state or imply should be construed as legal advice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.