High chlorine demand

tim5055

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Moderator Emeritus
May 11, 2014
Franklin, NC
For about the past six weeks my chlorine demand has been slowly going up. Every time I test my water I have been having to add chlorine on top of what my Stenner is adding to keep it in range. Earlier this year I had to SLAM because I went away for five days and left the Stenner turned off. So, I figured something was hanging around from that. Well, I'm at Walt Disney World right now and before I left I figured I'd be SLAMing when I get back.

But, just as I was wrapping g things up to go I noticed the level in my Stenner tank has not changed for a couple of days.....

As it turns out, no high chlorine demand - the tube in the Stenner was slowly going bad. I changed the tube and its no more manual additions of chlorine!!!

Well I arrived home today after my visit to Mickey and his picking my pockets.....

I was unsure of what my FC would be when I got home as I replaced the tube and guessed on pump run time and Stenner setting. Well, it appears I have been SLAMing my pool for a couple of days. FC sitting right at shock level.

Well I arrived home today after my visit to Mickey and his picking my pockets.....

I was unsure of what my FC would be when I got home as I replaced the tube and guessed on pump run time and Stenner setting. Well, it appears I have been SLAMing my pool for a couple of days. FC sitting right at shock level.

My neighbor, who has two girls ages 10 &6, just came back from a 2-week trip to the Rat Kingdom....he told me it's all rice & beans for dinner for the foreseeable future :-(

We go to LegoLand and, what it costs us for 3-4 days there apparently wouldn't even quite make the entry fee for DisneyLand...I can only imagine how much more it costs to go to Disney World :eek: So I say NYET! to Disney!!

Good to hear your pool is still sparkly!

We go to LegoLand and, what it costs us for 3-4 days there apparently wouldn't even quite make the entry fee for DisneyLand...I can only imagine how much more it costs to go to Disney World :eek: So I say NYET! to Disney!!
It is an amazing place. I stopped counting my trips there when I passed 100, and that was years ago.

It can be expensive, but the experience is worth it. There are tricks to,saving money, but with park admission in the $100 range per person/per day it adds up quickly. As with anything, there are tricks to save....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.