Is your pool equipment covered?

ComputerGuyInNOLA

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 20, 2012
Mandeville, Louisiana
I had to read my owners manual due to a "no flow" error on my Jandy Aquapure when I noticed it stated that the equipment had to be covered (sheltered) or it would void the warranty. My builder put the pad on the side of the house but never mentioned this. I was curious as to how many people have their equipment under shelter. When I called Jandy support they never asked about it. Does it make a huge difference in life expectancy?

I have all my equipment in a plastic Lifetime shed but that was a recent event this year due to the pool/backyard remodel. Before that, all the equipment had been outside since, well, 1978. :)

I would think it is an improvement to shelter the equipment if possible but if you read up on your pump or filter, they likely say that they are designed to be outdoors under the stars.

I sheltered my stuff because I don't want to look at it and it provided storage of general pool stuff. The electronics are also sheltered...just feels better that way to me.

My pool equipment is also covered. I don't like to look at it, plus it cuts down on noise and I also like the added protection from the salt air being coastal.

Ok, I must be crazy. The wife and I just went through the pump owners manual and we cannot find it. There is a statement that states "Do not install within an outdoor enclosure or beneath the skirt of a hot tub" which we both remember seeing but we cant find anything about sheltering the pump motor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.