Considering a Pentair Intelliflo Pump; Questions

Our 3 year old Whisperflo pump's bearings are just about shot....for the last 18 months, the noise from the pump has been anything but a "whisper". :)

The Whisperflo pump is controlled by our Easytouch panel, and I'm wondering how difficult it would be to replace this pump with an Intelliflo? Some questions that come to mind:

-- Is there additional wiring needed between the pump and the Easytouch panel, or would this be just a simple swap out?
-- If it's a simple swap out, how does the Easytouch panel know the new pump is an Intelliflo (with settings that weren't available with the Whisperflo)
-- Is it pretty simple to program the Intelliflo with the Easytouch panel? (Not everything is easy to program on the Easytouch).

This isn't something I'll do until next spring, as I'll be closing the pool in a couple of weeks....but I'd like to start thinking about my options now.

Any and all advice is appreciated!

I don't know the details of this integration but I can tell you that the manual for the IntelliFlo has instructions for connecting to an EasyTouch panel. Head over to Pentair's website and download the manual.

The communication cable comes with the pump. Hooking it up is easy, but getting them working together will take exploring both manuals. I have the Intelliflow VS 011018 and I love it. But I don't have any automation, so I can't speak to that. I do have the communication cable hooked up to my solar controller, and it was a snap.

Mhosborn,

Easy enough to do, but I'm thinking it is not as simple as a quick swap out.

Since you are using an EasyTouch to control your Whisperflo, I "assume" that the power to the pump is being turned off and on by the Pump/Filter relay (or some other relay). The Intelliflo gets constant 220 volt power from the EasyTouch and the Pump/Filter relay is not in the circuit. Some minor wiring changes would have to happen.

As other have said, the Intellfilo is controlled by a serial cable that is connected between the pump and the EasyTouch. I'm not sure if older EasyTouch units can control the Intelliflo pumps or not. (They may, I just don't know for sure) One thing you can do is go to your EasyTouch and open the control panel and select "Settings".. If the first line says "clock" and the next line says "Intellflo", then you are good to go. If not, it might make sense to contact Pentair and see if your version EasyTouch will work the way you want.

BTW.. you will love the Intellflo. If mine died today, I'd get another one tomorrow.

Jim R.

I have a Easy Touch 8 that runs both my VS pump and Whisperflow pump ( water features ). In your case you should be able to plug communication cable from new VS motor into ET8 and use same power wires from old pump to hook up new pump. I bet your Whisperflow is hooked up to the pump/filter relay already. Can you post pic of inside your ET box to show your relays and wiring.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.