White/Light-colored Liners for Above Ground Pools

Sep 24, 2015
CT
I'm in the market for a new liner for my 24' above ground pool. Sadly, I've found that the current liner selection in stores and on the Internet is limited to mostly dark and medium blues, with heavy patterns and faux-tile borders. I guess I'm sort of a modernist at heart, so the idea of trying to make vinyl look like glass/tile/stone/rippling water just feels wrong, and the results always look a bit cheesy to me.

Anyway, I like the natural light blue look that the water creates by itself, so my ideal liner would be either completely white or white with speckled light blue and/or tan speckles (for a white sand look). Does anyone make a liner like this for above ground pools?

I have seen liners like this for in-ground pools, which for some reason seem to have a much larger selection of patterns available to them. I'm wondering whether it is possible to order an in-ground liner which is custom made to fit my above ground pool?

Thanks!

P.S. First time poster, long time lurker. This forum is invaluable!!!

You can have a company custom make a liner for you but... You will pay a hefty price for it. Check online dealers or your local pool companies.

Welcome to TFP!

Thanks for the links, phonedave. After posting I also found this:

24' Papillon White Speckle Above Ground Pool Liner - Beaded - PoolSupplies.com

It has a border, but it's fairly subtle.

They have a dark sand color liner on there as well, but I think it would be too dark. If I were to go tan, I think I'd want something like loop-loc's "White Golden Sand"

In-ground Pool Liners | LOOP-LOC

It's an in-ground liner, though :(

Yeah, it appears there are a lot of tan liners for in-ground pools. That mean, to me, that the material is out there, it just has to be cut/welded into the shape you want. So you could go that route as well, it is just expensive.

I did notice that a lot of companies over that line with the fish pattern on the wall, and a sand pattern on the bottom. So that means that have the sand pattern in stock. Maybe, since they already have the vinyl pattern you want in stock, a custom liner would not be that bad.

Honestly, I like the ripple/sunlight pattern. That is what I just put in this spring. But I will say, it makes vacuuming interesting. Sometimes you cant tell what you are looking at.

-dave

Thanks for the links, phonedave. After posting I also found this:

24' Papillon White Speckle Above Ground Pool Liner - Beaded - PoolSupplies.com

It has a border, but it's fairly subtle.

They have a dark sand color liner on there as well, but I think it would be too dark. If I were to go tan, I think I'd want something like loop-loc's "White Golden Sand"

In-ground Pool Liners | LOOP-LOC

It's an in-ground liner, though :(

That Papillon liner is really pretty!

I just ordered the Papillon liner this morning since it's probably the closest thing I'm going to find to what I'm looking for without spending an arm and a leg!

I think it's pretty similar to the one I'm replacing, except that my old one has a much larger (and less attractive) border, and below that is pure white for about a foot before the blue speckles start. I didn't even notice how much white there was on the old liner until I started draining the pool. Water really does have a beautiful blue tint to it naturally :)

IMG_4430.jpgIMG_4437.jpg

Liner is installed! I'm very happy with it so far.

I'm going to be painting the pool wall and rails from gray to a light almond color while I'm at it. Hoping I won't regret it :) I'll post more pictures when I'm finished painting and the pool is filled.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So is this a custom made liner? I would love more options when choosing liners for above ground pools.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.