Hard plumbing my new pool

Jan 27, 2009
How many of you hard plumbed your pool? any pics. to help me with mine. Where did you get the 3 way valve? I will be installing a solar heater. What size pipe did you use? any help I can use.

Three ways valves can be had at just about any pool supply or interenet retailer. Make sure it's a lubrication free type. It's worth the little bit extra it will cost. jandy Neverlube is a good one as is the Compool (Pentair).

I used 1 1/2 pipe for my pool. Like Waterbear said the 3 way value can be bought on the net I don't remember where I got mine.Hope the picture helps

file.php

The reason I put the union before the valve was so in the winter I have everything removed and don't risk any freeze damage to the valve. The valve should really be ahead of the union so you can pull all the pluming out when the pool is full. I figured if I needed to remove the plumbing when it's full I would just plug it from inside the skimmer and return. I keep 2 plugs on hand if I ever need them.
It all up to you and what you think would work better in your situation.

98xc600,

With the hard plumbing, do you find any problems reattaching to the skimmer and return in the spring? Is there a concrete pad under your pump/filter? I'd like to change to hard plumbing when I add solar this spring, but like you, we suffer from cold winters, wet springs, freeze/thaw cycles.

Kelly

Edited for: Ummmm never mind, I think i figured it out, for the solar heat?

You got it!!! :goodjob:

With the hard plumbing, do you find any problems reattaching to the skimmer and return in the spring? Is there a concrete pad under your pump/filter?

I haven't had any problems in the spring. it takes about 10 mins to have everything hooked up and ready to go. :-D
Yes I have a slab under my filter and pump.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks Charles. We tried to keep it simple - I get confused with more than a few pipes! :roll:

But it certainly helps being able to get on here and go through the threads to get ideas. There are some pretty smart folks on here! :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.