Permasalt mistake

Sep 24, 2015
Ripley
I recently bought a 27' above the ground pool with the permanent salt system. I started reading about this after the fact and was freaked out to learn it doesn't sanitize the pool. I have a 2 and 3 year old swimming in my pool. I purchased my pool late in the season and I have been using chlorine in addition to the Permasalt products. The cooper has been high in the pool so i set the box on 2 (recommend 4)but the alkalinity has still been high. I know i need to make a change for next season cause financially it doesn't make sense. I am undecided whether to convert it back to chlorine pool or buy a saltwater generator. I have had a chlorine pool in the past and i understand how it works. But, I really want a saltwater pool however I don't know anything about saltwater hence the reason I ended up with the permanent salt system.

Permasalt does not claim to be a sanitizer, only an Algaecide.

The Permasalt system requires the bi-weekly use of "Activate", which contains Dichlor, which is stabilized chlorine.

The Permasalt system also uses "Preperate" at the startup, as well as bi-weekly additions of "Klairate" (a clearifier).

Thats a whole lot of chemical additions for a system that boasts "a true low maintanence system", as well as being "green".

Do you and your family a favor by going to a basic chlorine pool, either through manual chlorine additions or a SWG.

Dom

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.