How do you like your STEAK?

I usually drink lighter beers with dinner - Blue Moon Belgian White wheat beer with dinner tonight. I also like beer made at a local Tucson brewery (Barrio Brewery) - they have a blonde ale and a white IPA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love to cook and BBQ. I put myself through college by working as a line cook in small Italian restaurant. One of the best jobs I ever had (and the wife really appreciates it too). I'm also 100% Italian which means i love to eat anything that can't move fast enough to escape me ;).

I'm a total foodie myself. Been cooking since I could stand and used to be a professional cook myself. I also make beer, wine, and cider but that doesn't mean I get to cook what I want to eat and drink what I want to drink. I did that for 33 years and then got tired of being fat so I had to make some major lifestyle changes. Unfortunately that means beer and beef are both limited to once a week. It's sad, I know.

Ribeye seasoned with only salt & pepper cooked with Rockwood lump charcoal on the Big Green Egg at 240° until the internal temp of the steak is 140° then sear in cast iron skillet to finish.

Ribeye seasoned with only salt & pepper cooked with Rockwood lump charcoal on the Big Green Egg at 240° until the internal temp of the steak is 140° then sear in cast iron skillet to finish.

Perfect!

I have lots of cast iron cookware (Lodge brand) and I love it. I stopped using non-stick (Teflon) cookware years ago.

That does sound good also. I used to be a rib eye man exclusively. My go-to method back then was get a boneless cut a little thinner, maybe 1" or so. Season with salt, pepper, a touch of veggie oil. Turn cast iron skillet on high until it's screaming hot then rub down with half an onion and cook steaks 2 minutes each side. Remove steak and cover, remove pan from heat, de-glaze with cognac, add heavy cream and brined green peppercorns, return pan to low heat and reduce until "a la nap" and spoon over steak. Yum! I miss beef.

Ale, you mean writing about beef isn't as enjoyable as, ahem, consuming beef? Lol.

And Matt
I usually drink lighter beers with dinner - Blue Moon Belgian White wheat beer with dinner tonight.
You just made me really sad that I spent my calories last night on wine. I love Blue Moon...of course, I'm not supposed to drink it as am allergic to wheat...but its my fav summer-steak-poolside beer ;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I like mine med, wife med-rare and we prefer Ribeyes as well. Typically just sea salt and black pepper and once I grill the steak on the primo with mesquite lump I will NEVER gas grill a steak again!

Here is one example just about to come off the grill
20150405_174906-L.jpg

NY Strip Steaks, acorn squash and broccoli. I'll be pairing that with a nice red wine (Yellow Tail Australian Shiraz).

Yum!

I like either Ribeyes med with just a little salt and pepper, or med rare Prime rib with Au jus sauce. Serve those up with a baked potato, or baked sweet potato, a side salad with ranch dressing, and I'm good to go. Yummy. Thanks Ale, now I'm hungry lol.

I like either Ribeyes med with just a little salt and pepper, or med rare Prime rib with Au jus sauce. Serve those up with a baked potato, or baked sweet potato, a side salad with ranch dressing, and I'm good to go. Yummy. Thanks Ale, now I'm hungry lol.

Normally I'm a ribeye guy. But the Safeway had BOGO on the strip steaks and got those four steaks for ~$10. Can't beat that in my book!!

Sounds like an excellent deal Matt. Unfortunately, our little hick town doesn't have a Safeway. :(. I use to only buy Rib Steaks, they were my most favorite cut, and that particular cut is no longer sold here anymore, so I switched to ribeyes instead. I'm actually more of a veggie gal, but do occasionally like a good cooked steak, or a big ole juicy hamburger.

Just closed the pool today and went out to our local aged prime steak house (Paces in Nesconset) as a reward. A nice bottle of Napa cabernet, seafood sampler appetizer (crabmeat cocktail, baked clams, litely fried calimari, shrimp coctail and mozzerella & tomato w/basil and oil/vinegar). After the salad with house vinegarette, we both got the filet mignon with hot marinade on the side, along with french fried sweet potatoes and asparagus sauteed in garlic and oil to go with the steak. Dipping the sweet potatoes in the marinade is magic. The steaks were medium-rare to medium and very good...almost had to roll me home.

Just closed the pool today and went out to our local aged prime steak house (Paces in Nesconset) as a reward. A nice bottle of Napa cabernet, seafood sampler appetizer (crabmeat cocktail, baked clams, litely fried calimari, shrimp coctail and mozzerella & tomato w/basil and oil/vinegar). After the salad with house vinegarette, we both got the filet mignon with hot marinade on the side, along with french fried sweet potatoes and asparagus sauteed in garlic and oil to go with the steak. Dipping the sweet potatoes in the marinade is magic. The steaks were medium-rare to medium and very good...almost had to roll me home.

SS,

Former LI boy here - born and raised in Setauket. Moved around quite a bit but fell in love with the southwest. But I do miss the pizza from NY, there's no decent pizza west of the Mississippi :(

Your celebratory dinner reminds me of the good ole days on LI!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.