TF100 comparator

Mar 21, 2008
Florida
Does anyone have a picture of the color comparator that comes with the TF100 kit? I would like to see it before ordering. I am having a little trouble with my current block b/c the 2 colors that I try to stay between are too similar in color.
Thanks!

You're not the first to mention a problem distinguishing some of the color blocks. I can't tell the difference between 2 and 3 (on the K-1000 that comes with the TF100). At this point I don't even bother doing the OTO test, I always do the FAS-DPD test.
--paulr

The value of the OTO test is to tell whether you have chlorine in the pool on a quick daily check when there are no problems going on, not so much for an exact number.
If it's clear you have no clorine, break out the big kit and find out what's going on.
If it's pale yellow (below about 2 on the scale) your clorine is too low, break out the big kit and see what's going on.
If it's yellow you are good for another day until it's time to do your full weekly testing.
If it's dark yellow to orange to brown you are shocking your pool and the chlorine is still on the high side.
IF you are doing your full testing weekly this is really all the info you need on a daily basis
If it's yellow it's good
if it's paile yellow to clear it's low
If it's deep yellow to orange or brown it's too high to WAY to high.

Thanks Jason! Its actually the pH that I have the problem with, as long as my chlorine is nice and bright yellow when i do the test, i am none to concerned. Its just the pH that I have been having trouble keeping a lock on. Mostly because of the trouble telling the difference between the 7.5-7.8 colors.
Thanks all!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.