Replacing a skimmer basket

Are you talking about the leaf basket in the pump itself, or the basket in the skimmer??

The basket in the skimmer will depend on the manufacturer of your skimmer - they aren't universal. Your best bet would be to take your skimmer basket with you to the pool store so they can do a stare and compare. Wouldn't hurt to know the manufacturer either, in case they ask.

Im talking about the basket in the skimmer its self. Is the manufactures name on it somewhere ? Will they know if I just take the dimensions with me what size/kind it is ?

Can I get them at Lowes or Home Depot ? Our local PS is a little pricey with their stuff !

The skimmer lid may have a manufacturer name on it and possibly a part # (of course the part # would be for the lid, but it would identify the model of the skimmer so you could get the right basket).

Failing a part number from the lid, you can measure the the hole that the basket sits in (depth is important too) and get a basket that will fit in it that has a lip large enough to catch. As there are so many different models of baskets, I kind of doubt that HD or Lowes, etc. would carry baskets, the pool store is your best bet :(

TizMe said:
I have to replace my skimmer basket this year. My question is are all skimmer baskets the same or do they go by the type of pump you have ?
How can I make sure I get the correct one to replace the broken one ?

Try this sight.... the link goes to the page of the skimmer that fit mine. If this doesn't fit yours you can search around the sight. They have quite a few replacements.

http://www.poolpartsonline.com/p-204-hy ... parts.aspx

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hello all, I searched to see if I could find this question asked but it seems it was last asked in 2009 and 2018. I need to buy a skimmer basket for my above ground pool, 24/52. I am trying to find the size I need. On the lid it list its a Hayward and under the cover lid is the # SP1091B. I have searched for over a hour and nothing comes up on any website with that #. Is this number just for the lid or for everything attached to the skimmer? I did find a couple skimmer basket that could be compatible with the number 1091 but it had different letters behind it, a could different ones. I'm at a loss of what to order. I no longer have the basket it got accidently thrown away. I just dont know what else to do beside order a couple to see if they fit. Has anyone else has run into this problem and how did you resolve it. Thank you for your help in advance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.