Replaced Barrcuda X7 with ThePoolCleaner

Jan 9, 2010
Spring Texas
I have a 4 year old Barracuda X7 that worked fairly well. My pool continually catches Palm tree berries, magnolia leaves and lots of other leaves. The barracuda X7 diaphragm continually stops up and will not move. I just had to clean it out a lot.

I saw on the forum ThePoolCleaner was highly recommended. I bought the 4 wheel version, snapped it together and threw it in the pool. I timed the rotations of the tires and it was close enough. It's been a week and every inch of the pool is spotless and I have done nothing except empty the leaf catcher. Not one blockage and it has not gotten stuck.

I just threw the barracuda in the trash, wish I had done this years ago.

I seem to remember PoolVernugen was bought up by Hayward. Isn't the ThePoolCleaner by PoolVernugen now called some other name by Hayward?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes...they are owned by Hayward and they have three versions with color being the only difference in the Hayward models. The "next generation" The Pool Cleaner... Then there are two versions with the Hayward name on it. Both Hayward models havean integrated handle and also have updated wheel hubs.

One version is called the Hayward Phoenix (gray, white, and blue) and only available at Leslies.

The other version is the Aquanot (black, white, and blue).

All available in 2and 4 wheel drive.

The only thing im seeing consistent is the replacement of tires from them wearing out. Wondering if the 4wheel model would last linger because it gets better traction all around...

Im getting rid of my kreepy krauly and ordering one of these up. Right now they are offering a $75 rebate along with a free leaf canister.

Just debating on the 2 vs 4wheel drive models. I was recently advised to go with the 4wd model if i run off the skimmer at on end of the pool. Cost difference is only $20.

Cant wait!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.