Greatings from the Sunshine Coast, Australia.

AUSpool

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Sep 23, 2015
Brisbane, Australia.
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Astral Viron V25
Geday from the the Sunshine Coast, South East Queensland, Australia.

I've found myself hear while searching for pumbing solutions for an energy efficient solar pool heater. I've always been up for a bit of DIY and have a bit of experience with pvc pressure pipe fittings having kept a saltwater aquarium for over 15 years. I have a Bsc in Chemistry and Biology (Aquatic Resources Management) but don't used my Bsc degree for my employment.

First question, where's the best place to ask a question about plumbing for me solar heater?

Regards to you all, Steve.

Really, we're pretty open, so wherever is fine. If you must pick a spot, I would point you towards "Everything else" Seems like a lot of solar heater talk there.

- - - Updated - - -

well there you go. two possibilities! Pick one and ask away!! :)

And WELCOME!!

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

That was a really quick reply but I didn't think that while its morning hear (Thursday) it's early evening for everyone else, and yesterday (wednesday). So who believes in time travel now ah. :D

Hi, welcome to TFP! The Pumping Station would be the place to ask your question. I guess y'all would be about on the edge of summer now!

Thanks for that, I'm still editing a quetion in pages so I'll post something up a bit later.

Yep, its spring but summer is just around the corner. Were a bit differnt down under, celcius, centimeters, meters, litres, but different is good ah.

One of my work colleagues works in Japan. I've gotten used to adding 13 hours to what my clock shows. :) So right now it's 9:00 PM on Wednesday evening. What time and day is it for you?

We're an hour ahead of Japan so that would make it 12 hours ahead, I was 9:00 AM Thursday.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
buy all your 40mm pressure pipe from bunnings
cheapest i have found
and use pink primer and green glue for pressure pipes
hint if you use pn12 pipe you can use 32mm pressure pipe for internal joiner

Thanks ausieta, another Aussie.

Bunnings prices are pritty close to Home Depo, especially with tax and the exchange rate. I just bought back a bag of elbows and tees from Lowes, CA store. 40mm is 11/2" and 50mm is 2".

Thanks for the tips, I've never thought of using an internal joiner, wouldn't that decease the flow a bit though?