My first test using TF-100, please help

Sep 14, 2015
Plano/TX
Background: my pool was green when I decided that I had enough advice from the pool store "3rd green pool this season" so I came here and started learning, I figured I needed to SLAM my pool and without drop test I had no idea how much Chlorine I need so I added 3 jugs of 8.25% every night, some times I added more. last few days water started to look clear, but I still see a small cloudy green/orange cloud when I sweep the pool at the bottom. I have not added any Chlorine yesterday.

Yesterday the TF-100 kit game with the electric mixer "what a great and fun product :)" so when the sun when down i tried the drop test for the first time and I got a reading of FC 21, this morning I did the full test and here is my result

FC 21
CC 0.5
PH below 6.8
CYA 50 "using my wife eyes, she have better sight, my eyes told me it was 60"
TA 100
CH 1050

This was my first test, I am not 100% sure I did everything correctly as the colors didn't change exactly as I thought they would, but for the most part I think it was more correct than wrong.

Q1: The green/orange cloud that I can see when I sweep the pool bottom, is this something I need to take care of? is this algae that is still alive?
Q2: Based on these reading, what is my next move? wait until sun go down and take more reading or start to raise/drop some of them?

Thank you for your help/advice

Welcome to TPFC!!!

Good for you, getting the Tesla of pool testing kits!! Nothing better IMHO.

Now for the answers. You need to continue the SLAM. Keep your FC up at 21 based on your CYA of 50.
Keep this up until your water is clear and you pass the other SLAM criteria as listed here: Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

You need to raise your pH up to 7.2 but normally with your FC being above 10, the test isn't very reliable. So I'm not sure what to tell you to do on that one. I would say to use PoolMath to find out what you need to do to get pH right. Hopefully someone with more experience with low pH will be along soon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.