Pool water not flowing consistently

Sep 10, 2015
Houston
Hi, I just bought a house with an in-ground pool. I noticed the pool water was not flowing consistently the day before yesterday. Water flows rapidly for like 10 seconds, then gradually slows down to a complete stop, then flows rapidly again. This goes on and on. Is this something wrong with my pump?

I am pretty sure you will have the bubbles in the pump basket.

Pump running, go to the skimmer and see if your water level in the pool is lowenough to allow the skimmer to suck air. If so, add water to the pool and it will stop.

Thank you! So all I need to do is to add water to the pool, right?

I am pretty sure you will have the bubbles in the pump basket.

Pump running, go to the skimmer and see if your water level in the pool is lowenough to allow the skimmer to suck air. If so, add water to the pool and it will stop.

- - - Updated - - -

I have not checked the pump basket. Will do it when I get home. If there are air bubbles what should I do? Thanks!

What is happening in the pump basket? Look for air bubbles.

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you! So all I need to do is to add water to the pool, right?
No, you need to check the water level first as Dave suggested.

........Pump running, go to the skimmer and see if your water level in the pool is lowenough to allow the skimmer to suck air. If so, add water to the pool and it will stop.

Dom

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.