Checking in from the muggy and buggy deep south

Hello everyone,
Recently had my pool installed and was enjoying my maintenance free pool(ignorance is bliss, not)and life until I discovered(thanks to some nasty looking water) a little attention to detail may be in order. Well it didn't take long to realize the local pool shop guy was not the answer, so in my search for knowledge I found ya'll (you all :cool:). This site is filled with so much information and knowledge it is truly a blessing. Now I am back to enjoying my pool and life( except for the darn PH issues).

Andy

Hello Andy, and Welcome to TFP, :wave:

It's nice to hear that our method is working as well for you as it has so many others, and lol I agree the pool store method is rarely ever the answer.

You mentioned you're having a pH issue if you'll post a full set of levels perhaps we can help you get that taken care of too.

What test kit are you using? We recommend the TF 100 or the Taylor K2006 here at TFP as those are the only 2 kits that have the reliability to allow you to properly check, and properly maintain your pool levels . so if you don't have one of the recommended test kits that would be a good place to start.

The TF 100 can be purchased at http://tftestkits.net/TF-100-Test-Kit-p4.html, and the Taylor K2006 can be purchased at several places online and some of your local pool stores may also sell them.

Once you list us a complete set of levels we'll go from there on helping you get that pH issue resolved.
Here's a good little link that might be of interest to you too. :) http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/123-abc-of-pool-water-chemistry

Feel free to ask any questions you may have a long the way. Again welcome to TFP, and have a wonderful day :).

pH will continue to climb on you with that new plaster. That could go on for months. Between the plaster, your SWG, and any aeration you have (fountain) pH will continue to be a battle. Keep acid nearby to effectively lower the pH between 7.2-7.8. From time to time, look closely at the CSI numbers listed on the Poolmath calculator when you enter all your info (pH, TA, CH) to make sure you are within acceptable CSI levels of -.6 to .6. That plays an important role in your water management. :)